For ouroffice holiday Secret Santa Gift Swap, our gift was set at a maximum of $5. I was happy to receive the person I got because she is a person of sweet-tooth, so I knew I wanted to bake something for her. Lucky I did because for her job position, she has to commit to several over time per week, so my box of ‘present’ saved her from visits to the vending machine. Though be aware this is not a low-calorie cake, but hey, it was the holiday, so ease up a bit. 🙂
Condensed Milk Pound Cake
Makes one 8 1/2 -x- 4 1/2 inch cake, about 12 servings
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/3 cups (7 oz/200g) all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Generously butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the top is dark golden brown or prick with a toothpick into the center until it is dry. Approximately baked for 45 minutes-1 hour.