The summer is officially over here in my side of ‘hood. Perhaps I should move to the Southern Hemisphere right now. I am definitely going to miss bounties of summer fruits and vegetables, bright greenery in the park, and yes, even the heat wave. I would take high temperature over deep throat, icy weather. So, in order to celebrate the remaining grasp of outdoor-friendly warmth, I baked a lime pie for its citrus and sweet flavor. I could not procure key limes, which are difficult to find in NY (or just very expensive), so i substitute with limes instead. I think the effect is still similar, no? 🙂
graham cracker pie crust
a can of sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs, separated
half a cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix condense milk with beaten egg yolks. Then add in the lim juice.
3. Pour mixture into pie crust.
4. Whip up egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar until foamed up or stiff. Then top over the pie.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until meringue browned.
6. Cool. Fridge for 3 hours. Consume!